Friday, August 21, 2015

The TV House - Octobath, Before/During

The windows of this room look out onto an
active corner in this historic part of town.
American Rehab Charleston

DIY Network
Wed., Aug. 26th
11 pm EST

When I opened the door and saw the octobath, it filled me with hope and right away I was thinking, "This is my kind of house,"... because, this is an example of the type of room that would be a deal breaker for other buyers.  However, for me it was like a figurative open door that made me feel I had a chance to get this special old house.  It was a signal of opportunity and potential.  As we made our way back to the front of the house, my realtor shook his head and diplomatically said, "I just don't know what you're going to be able to do with this place."  He was being polite.   

I won't say I saw it exactly the way it is now, but I could picture this part of the home being radically different than it was in October of 2013.  I had a sense for how this room in particular would look differently and I felt even stronger about how it would feel different.  It all started when I walked into that front bathroom with 8 sides, five windows facing a busy corner, a tub without running water, and a floor that had obvious structural issues.   It looked rough and I loved it.


This was the narrow door
of the octobath.
The octagon shaped room during the renovation 

No comments:

Post a Comment