Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Step 37 - Carpet


When I have carpeting on my renovations, I wait until the wood flooring work is complete. (see Step 34)

Carpet is wonderful sometimes and must be addressed.  Better late than never, but since it's one of the last scopes on my projects it's naturally at the end of my step-by-step breakdown.  It almost feels like I forgot about it.  My apologies to carpet and any DIYers after information on my 35th step to renovating a Pig's Ear.  

I love wood floors, but carpet has been the answer in certain rooms of my projects as well, especially in bedrooms.   Come on now, it's understandable.  When hopping out of bed in the morning most people like to land on something comfortable before hunting for slippers.  Carpet works and is practical.

In two decades, I've done almost all the scopes of work on my renovations at least once.  Some of the tasks I enjoy with a passion.  Wood flooring is one and an example of something I take on as often as I can.  Others I've tried and then said, "From now on I'm going to find someone to handle this for me."  Sometimes it's cheaper to get a trades person with the experience and the proper tools to come knock it out more efficiently than I can myself.  This applies to carpeting and everything else on a rehab.  I may enjoy it, but if it's not practical within the remaining schedule I will find the right people, stay out of their way, and thankfully write them a check after they've worked wonders with their trade.

I did carpeting once... on a closet.  It looked okay, but not as well done as the pros.  That was the one and only time for me and from then on I was happy to let the carpet experts work their magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment