Monday, September 7, 2026

Nicole Curtis and Weeping Mortar Joints

My blog stats reveal two noteworthy things, and one that surprised me. What is plain is that home renovation queen and Rehab Addict Nicole Curtis and weeping mortar joints are subjects my blog readers want to know more about. The interest in Curtis was not a shock. But the visits to this site to read about weeping mortar was a surprise.

As I laid out in my Response to TV Viewers series, I have never met
nor spoken with Ms. Curtis. However, I respectfully and humbly consider her as a reason, direct or indirect, I had my chance to renovate three of my pig’s ears on American Rehab Charleston and Restoring Charleston.

Writing about her shows ended up being a good thing for me.

From the start, I appreciated the Rehab Addict and the projects it's star rehabber has taken on because in my own way, I could relate—condemned or unwanted property, jacked up additions, and salvaging materials with value. But I also liked the authenticity that came through. And something about how the projects unfolded felt organic, rather than overly planned out or orchestrated. And in the aftermath of making my shows, I am envious regarding this.

As much as I understand how Nicole Curtis in the title is a draw that leads to my posts on her, but weeping mortar joints still has me scratching my head.

Growing up in the Midwest and then the second half of my life in the South, I’ve had limited exposure to weeping mortar joints. My first rehab was my introduction to this sloppy style of bricklaying. However, I am guessing that it’s widely used in some parts of the country or continent or planet, because folks online are steadily finding Blood, Sweat, and Pig’s Ears, starting with WMJ posts.

So, to Nicole Curtis and weeping mortar joints I say, “Thank you.” And to site visitors looking for more about each of them, here are links to previous posts.

Nicole Curtis

Rehab Addict Nicole Curtis on DIY - April 24, 2012

Welcome Back Rehab Addict - Feb. 9, 2013

Nicole Curtis on Rehab Addict Grabs my Wife’s Attention - Response to TV Show Viewers: Post 9 - Feb. 11, 2026

Weeping Mortar Joints

Embracing Weeping Mortar - July 13, 2026

Moving Beyond Weeping Mortar - July 20, 2026

Grinding or Raking Weeping Mortar Joints - July 26, 2026

Chipping Off Weeping Mortar - August 3, 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment